Saturday, May 31, 2008

More gear :)


Look what I got :) I'm so excited! :) It arrives in a week or so I think... Unfortunately it won't be here in time for our next swim clinic, but that's ok. I tried on the XL at REI last night and I got it on and zipped, but it wasn't very flattering. So, I ordered the XXL last night :) It's a lot lighter weight than the suit I'm wearing now, so it doesn't hold things in as well, but on the plus side, it's a LOT easier to get in and out of thanks to the zipper. It's got just a bit of padding for the bike. I'll have to see how supportive it is for the run. I might have to throw a swim bra on underneath, but hopefully I won't have to :)

I'm also going to get some open water goggles, but I really don't need those until the swim clinic up at the lake, and those I can get through the park district because we have a sponsorship deal with Tyr. I'm so excited that it's totally pathetic :)

Training is going well. I'm actually up this early because we have a bike maintenance workshop and then we head across the street to hit the bike trail at the forest preserve :) I've been in the pool a few times this week and it's getting easier each time :)

Better go prep the bike for transport :) More later!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Love the suit! I've yet to order mine. I guess I should get on the ball because there's no way in hell I'm doing the swim in an actual swimsuit. Danskin takes pictures...and puts them on the "internets"...both of them! LOL

FYI, Alana loved your tug idea. Ask your coach if we'll be disqualified for doing it. :p

Jenn said...

Let me know if you want to buy the suit because I probably have an extra coupon code you can use :)