Sunday, March 14, 2010

These shoes were made for walkin'....

And that's just what I did :)

Took Stinkus for a nice long walk to test out my new Avia Avi-Motion sneakers... Yes, the goofy looking ones with the rounded bottoms. I didn't buy them because they promise to lift and tone the ass (although, I admit, that WOULD be nice) but instead I got them because I'd heard they were good for people with shin splints.

The other day when I took Stink for a walk, we were hardly to the end of the block when my shins started protesting. After about 5 minutes, my lower back was screaming at me. As much as I wanted to keep going (as did Stink) it just HURT.

So, first walk with the new shoes... by the end of the block, it wasn't my shins that protested... it was my calves-- the lower part above my ankle but below the big calf muscle. Then, my ass... But not the usual ass muscle that hurts from a workout... it's a muscle I didn't even know I had... higher, toward my hip. Interesting, I thought...

So we kept walking.... the shins started protesting early, but I noticed that the more we walked and the more I tweaked HOW I walked, the less they hurt. We stopped to talk to a neighbor and I rocked back onto my heels and turned my toes outward a little bit and felt a good stretch in my shins... when we started going again, they hardly hurt at all! My arches started to hurt a little, and the inside of my left ankle, but I think that has more to do with the 3 hours I spent in 3" heels than it does with the walk or new shoes...

AND - (Dot da da DAAAAHHHHH) NO. BACK. PAIN. NONE whatsoever!!!!

So needless to say, $80 well invested. Looking forward to more walks!!!! :)

No comments: