Saturday, July 5, 2008

Freaking

So, this time next week, CoCo and I will be puking our guts out, freaking out about the tri the next morning. It's gonna take me about 3 Ambien to get a decent night's sleep... I'm excited but scared. I mean, what if this was a huge mistake? What if I should never have gotten myself into this. It has been a huge investment on my part... Time, money, energy, etc. I'm not sure if I have prepared myself mentally as much as I have physically. I rode 19 miles this morning without stopping. I couldn't have done that 6 months ago. I ran for about 7 minutes the other day on the treadmill, and that was AFTER 2.5 other hours of workouts spread out over the day. I have come so far in such a small amount of time, but I'm scared that it won't be enough.

I know that this is just my fear of failure rearing its ugly head. I know it's just my own lack of self-esteem. But I'm so nervous. I can't wait to be with CoCo, Alana, Lesli and Lynn, all chillin in the hotel room, sharing the nervousness and the excitement, looking over all of our loot and waiting to wear the finisher's medals around our necks. That's what I need to remember -- how good it will feel to cross that line and be told that I "am a great triathlete".

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I look at it this way...I'll be amongst friends when I drown in the lake. LOL Kidding...sort of.

I'm soooooooooo nervous, but so excited. I can't wait to see you and Les...and meeting Lynn & Corey will be almost surreal! It's going to be an emotional weekend. Lots of good memories. :) Go Team Busted Biscuit Cinnamon Buns! LOL

FYI, I am ridiculously proud of you, girl. You've truly stepped out of your comfort zone and I know you're going to kick ass!

Lynnderful said...

I'm so excited to see you all complete the tri! You ladies are going to do awesome. I just wish I was going to receive the finishers medal with you all. Danskin Austin 2009 will be here in no time though!

You are awesome and I know all of your worries will be nulified once you cross the finish line!

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

We're glad that you'll be there cheering us on! (And taking pics for proof that we actually did it! *LOL*)