My training has been lacking, so I need to regroup. A friend of ours is doing a half-marathon in December in Las Vegas and is trying to talk us into making a girls weekend out of it. Well, I think I might do more than go and watch. I tracked down a training program and I think I can do it. It's a 12 week plan, and I have a few weeks to get up to where they need be to be for week 1, so I think I can do it. We'll see how it goes.
I biked to work all last week, and it was fantastic. I really need to start my mornings with a bike ride even if I'm driving to work. It just puts me in a great frame of mind for the rest of the day.
My head is spinning right now (from all the fumes I inhaled while they painted the pool today?) as I'm trying to tweak my resume. My lovely wife marked it up for me and gave me some great feedback. Now I'm just trying to strengthen my action verbs and cut the fluff without selling myself short. I'm going for the Graphic Communications Specialist position that opened up at the Administration Center, and I have to convince them that even though I have no official Graphic Arts background that I am the right person for the job. Not an easy feat :( But, I learned the hard way that the only surefire way to fail is to not try. So this time, I'm trying.
Wish me luck.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment