So, I survived our bike training, but one of my teammates didn't :( She sliced the back of her leg on her sprocket and needed 15 stitches. She was SUCH a trooper. 

Meanwhile, here's my before, during and after of my arm wounds:


Meanwhile, here's my before, during and after of my arm wounds:
The itchiness is almost over too, which is good. It was making me CRAZY. I'm still achy, but it's getting better. It's more annoying than it is painful.On Thursday, since I didn't get my full 12 mile ride in because I was making sure Sarah was ok, I decided that, despite my hour swim at lunch, I was going to hit the trail. So, I biked from my house to the trail, did the whole trail, and then biked to Jamba Juice. It took me a little over an hour and it was 13 miles :) Then, I walked home with my bike, and it was .9 mi door to door and I walked around 3 mph, which I know thanks to my bike computer *LOL* :) I must have looked like a nutjob, walking down the street with a Jamba Juice in one hand and my bike in the other. But oh well... I did a mini-tri in one day (even though the swim and bike were a few hours apart) so whoever felt like laughing at me could kiss my arse because I don't think they could do what I did that day! :)
I love my tri suit and I'm so glad I bought it. I can say that this will NOT be my last tri, if for no other reason than because I have invested so much $$ in gear and shit that I have to make this my new sport of choice *LOL* :) There's one in the Indiana Dunes the weekend after Labor Day, so I might have to do it. It's a little longer than the Danskin, but I think I'm game :)
Tomorrow night is hilly running. OH FREAKING GOODIE. Oh well. I gotta suck it up and do it. I know I'll be walking the last leg, but the running will be good cardio & calorie burning. I need it. I feel like a fat bloated heifer. You'd have thought I'd have lost 5-10 pounds by now... HA! Nope.
Oh well. I feel healthier. That's what counts :)

No comments:
Post a Comment